freetds - always 0x79 packet with xp_sendmail in trigger

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: brlewis AT alum.mit.edu
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: always 0x79 packet with xp_sendmail in trigger
  • Date: 01 May 2000 09:38:21 -0400

I have a stored procedure which triggers a trigger. In the trigger is
some code that conditionally execs xp_sendmail. When this code is
executed, I always get an 0x79 "protocol confusion" error. I already
have "set nocount on" in both the stored procedure and the trigger.
What can I do about this other than catch the protocol confusion
error?

--
Bruce R. Lewis

  • always 0x79 packet with xp_sendmail in trigger, brlewis, 05/01/2000