freetds - Re: jdbc + SQLServer 7 + Exception + DB-Library ??

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Stefanos Karasavvidis <stefos AT multimedia-sa.gr>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: jdbc + SQLServer 7 + Exception + DB-Library ??
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 17:13:19 +0000

I own to this list a BIG excuse........

I was wrong about the correct unicode interpretation... the current jdbc
driver does
NOT retrieve correctly unicode strings, because sql server sends only 8 bit
per
character and so information is lost.

As I understand SQL server would send all of the 16 bits per character if the
driver
would use a "TDS 7 login". In this case the driver would have to call a simple
new String(theBytes,"x-utf-16le")
to get the correct String

Sorry again...

Stefanos