freetds - Re: jdbc + SQLServer 7 + Exception + DB-Library ??

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Stefanos Karasavvidis <stefos AT multimedia-sa.gr>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: jdbc + SQLServer 7 + Exception + DB-Library ??
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 15:15:20 +0000

The hole issue about the use of the unicode character types is to work with
unicode text. This
means that I just need to get correct unicode strings when I call the
rs.getString() methods.
For example the jdbc-odbc bridge does not return correct Strings, but does a
16bit to 8 bit
conversion according the Systems code page.

The freeTDS driver does correctly return the Strings even if characters from
different code
pages are included. And this is the only thing my application cares (you can
check this if you
have for example a greek character and a german Umlaut). I haven't tried yet
to update/insert
strings to sql server......

Stefanos