freetds - Re: Packaging FreeTDS for Debian

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Packaging FreeTDS for Debian
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 07:31:08 -0500 (EST)

Well, the only question is how we will handle locale information in the
future. But for now interfaces is the sole configuration file. Maybe we
should create a /etc/freetds/ directory though as I can imagine other
packages having a file named "interfaces", so it makes it really clear
what it is for and who it belongs to (not to be confused with network
interface cards etc...)

For now, change whatever you want as far as locations. Our only
dependency is that SYBASE is set...I'll throw some code it to have it
check /etc/freetds/interfaces or /etc/interfaces (whichever you decide is
best, I'm leaning towards the former) so even this requirement will go
away.

I'm planning a 0.51 release once we get some of the results stuff
squared away and to include any progress I make with the ODBC driver,
probably some time in January. Nothing drastic will change but if you
need any other code changes to make it more compatible with FHS layout,
let me know and I'll make sure they get done.

Brian