freetds - Re: DBD::Sybase or FreeTDS ...money type/TIMESTAMP seems broken...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mark Schaal <mark AT champ.tstonramp.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: DBD::Sybase or FreeTDS ...money type/TIMESTAMP seems broken...
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 16:59:26 -0700 (PDT)

> Hmm...I don't have timestamps to compare but varbinary seems to work fine:

[..deleted..]

> I'll look further, but it does seem strange that sqsh and DBD::Sybase
> would return different values.
>
> Brian

I've found two problems which may/may not be related.
(1) SYBBINARY doesn't work. That's a simple matter of adding a
case to tds_convert() to send binary to the varbinary function.
(2) SYBVARBINARY isn't getting sent the correct column sizes. I
define a column as varbinary(4).
Input: 0x4444 0x88888888
Output: 0x44440000 0x88888888
So the convert function is getting the column size and not the
actual data size.

Since you're looking at it and I don't need binary support here, I'll
move on to something else.

Mark
--
Mark J. Schaal Phone: (909) 620-7724