freetds - DBD::Sybase or FreeTDS ...money type/TIMESTAMP seems broken...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu AT internetcds.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: DBD::Sybase or FreeTDS ...money type/TIMESTAMP seems broken...
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 13:39:34 -0700 (PDT)

not exactly sure what's happening.

float works, but a column of type money doesn't.
I always get 0.

sqsh-1.7 linked with the freeTDS libs returns the right value.

I did check for the "defined $_" issue from before.

Note that the column I'm selecting against is in a view, rather than a
table, but it shouldn't make any difference that I can see.

SQL Server 6.5 SP5A, TDS ver = 4.2

I haven't supped and built for a few days.

TIMESTAMP values don't match isql at all, and in fact, seem a little
clustered for valid values.

timestamp: |0x00000001000ef41c|
timestamp: |0x00000001000ef425|
timestamp: |0x00000001000ef42f|

>From isql:

timestamp: 0x0000000100530d0a
0x000000010411f4ff
0x0000000104344371

for the same columns.

sqsh matches isql as well. So that probably means the problem is in
DBD::Sybase.