freetds - Removing stored Procedures for preparedStatements

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Malte Grunwald <mg AT clearing-bank.de>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Removing stored Procedures for preparedStatements
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 14:07:54 +0200 (CEST)

Hallo,

for each preparedStatement (freetds JDBC-Driver) the driver creates a
stored procedure in the tempdb. What is the mechanism to remove the
procedures again from the tempdb? - should this be handled automatically
by the database-server?

We are using a 4.21 MS Server. With this server the procedures in the
tempdb are not found when a preparedStatment is executed. I have changed
the prefix `#JDBC#' to `JDBC' then the driver is finding the procedures
(in the default-database of the user). This is not the right way. What can
I do to help the driver to find the procedures? If I can not do anything
here, what is the best way to remove the procedures again.

Thank your for your help,

Malte Grunwald

Malte Grunwald
Risiko Management/System Entwicklung