freetds - Re: Removing stored Procedures for preparedStatements

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Craig Spannring <cts AT internetcds.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Removing stored Procedures for preparedStatements
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 08:37:00 -0600 (MDT)

In SQLServer 6.5 the '#' prefix tells the server to create a temporary
identifier. Any stored procedure that starts with '#' will be
automatically deleted when the connection is dropped. SQLServer 4.21
(AFAIK) doesn't support temporaries.

The easy solution (from my perspective :-) is to upgrade to 6.5. From
your perspective I can imagine many reasons why that might not be a
good solution.