freetds - Planning for release 0.45

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Planning for release 0.45
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 18:00:27 -0400 (EDT)

I've got some spare cycles and more importantly motivation to pull
together a new release of FreeTDS. This has primarily been bug fixing,
but many new functions were added also.

Below is a list of what I remember fixing (its been a while on some),
known bugs or important features which are missing, and programs I am
testing against. If you have bugs/missing features/programs to
test/suggestions that are not listed here, please let me know so I can try
to get them in. I'm bumping up the version number to 0.45 because I feel
that the library is maturing quite a bit with this release, however it's
not as feature complete as I had in mind for the 0.50 release.

I'm expecting to do a pre-release in about a week depending on how much
time I have to work on it.

Brian

Bugs fixed/new features (not a complete list)
-----------------------
NULLs should be working perfectly now for both dblib/ctlib
SQSH 1.7 works really well.
ctlib is almost at parity with dblib
Datetime support improved greatly.
conversion code improved
preliminary numeric (arbitrary precision) support.
Code clean up to support 64bit machines (not totally finished)
Fixed some potential buffer overruns

The list of known bugs/important features missing
under TDS 5.0, EED msg numbers/state/severity/etc... come out wrong
under TDS 5.0, EED messages are sometimes under-read causing 'unknown
marker' messages
return status not working for either dblib or ctlib
money types only handle values in the lower 32bits (once numeric/decimal
support is complete this will get fixed)
No support for text/image datatypes
incomplete numeric/decimal support

list of programs to have working for this release
Sybperl dblib (for those features working in the C dblib)
Sybperl ctlib (ditto)
DBD::Sybase
PHP sybase
PHP sybase-ct
SQSH 1.4
SQSH 1.7

  • Planning for release 0.45, Brian Bruns, 05/29/1999