freetds - Re: DBD-FreeTDS 0.02 on Solaris with MS SQL Svr 6.5

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: DBD-FreeTDS 0.02 on Solaris with MS SQL Svr 6.5
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 07:10:35 -0700 (PDT)

Brian Bruns writes:

> I'm actually looking into DBD::Sybase real soon, I'm doing some basic
> cleanup on stuff though so perhaps in a week or so I'll get it going and
> make a new release...It's been a while, I just haven't had the spare time
> lately. BTW SybPerl is a viable although not real portable solution.

DBD::Sybase 0.15 and 0.16 have a bug when trying to talk to an MS-SQL
server. I use CS_OPT_CHAINXACTS to set the AutoCommit mode, and that
fails, even when setting the AutoCommit mode to 1. I'll put out a fix
ASAP.

Michael
--
Michael Peppler -||- Data Migrations Inc.
mpeppler AT peppler.org -||- http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler