freetds - Re: DBD-FreeTDS 0.02 on Solaris with MS SQL Svr 6.5

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Peter Haworth <pmh AT edison.ioppublishing.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: DBD-FreeTDS 0.02 on Solaris with MS SQL Svr 6.5
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 19:55:33 +0100 (BST)

Neil Hunter wrote:
> Has anyone managed to get the DBD for FreeTDS talking from Solaris to SQL
> Svr 6.5? I can't get the connect test to complete at all:
>
> t/02connect.........dubious
> Test returned status 0 (wstat 10, 0xa)
> Number found where operator expected at (eval 13) line 1, near ")0"
> (Missing operator before 0?)
>
> I've tried printing to stderr inside the tds_db_login - but this doesn't
> get printed at all.
>
> I've also built the FreeTDS 0.41 code (I think - not convinced though!) -
> but the DBD doesn't seem to reference this... is that right??

That's the kind of error I get too. I have better luck with DBD::Sybase linked
against FreeTDS, but while that connects successfully, all rows fetched appear
to have zero columns, so that's not terribly helpful either.

This is a known problem though, so hopefully someone with spare tuits and an
understanding of all the code involved (ie. not me) will figure it out.

--
Peter Haworth pmh AT edison.ioppublishing.com
"Anything that's not HTML 1.0, Lynx, 1200bps, 1-bit video compatible is