freetds - Re: MS Access?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Olson <olson AT sybase.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: MS Access?
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 13:47:16 -0500

Maybe the best way to do this is to using Adaptive Server Anywhere, version
6.0.1 or greater. This version has external object support built-in (via
odbc and/or jdbc drivers), and will allow you to using normal Sybase clients
to interact with just about any data source, through ASA.

Since ASA 6.0 supports TDS, your client can connect with ASA, then let ASA
map the SQL request to Access.

Regards,
Steve