freetds - Re: FreeTDS and Sybase

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: olson AT sybase.com
  • Subject: Re: FreeTDS and Sybase
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 19:56:39 -0500 (EST)

Well, we would, of course, be happy to redistribute the spec.

I have to admit a bit of mixed feelings about all of this. On the one
hand, an open sourced Open Client basically means I've expended a lot of
time creating something which is now redundant. On the other hand, I can't
wait to get going on the stable code base and implement new features
instead of trying to reimplementing the existing functionality.

Out of curiosity, did the existance of freetds make it easier to sell the
idea of open sourcing ctlib?

Cheers,

Brian