freetds - FreeTDS and Sybase

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Olson <olson AT sybase.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: olson AT sybase.com
  • Subject: FreeTDS and Sybase
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 10:01:26 -0500

Hello,

This is just an update on prior mail discussing Sybase support for Linux and
FreeTDS. Engineering has agreed to provide the TDS spec to you (and anyone
who requests it), and has recommended that Sybase proceed with open sourcing
ctlib, dblib and jConnect. The issue is now being reviewed by our lawyers.
If they give us a thumbs up, we'll move ahead with this as quickly as
possible.

Regards,
Steve