freetds - Re: Getting FreeTDS up under Solaris

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Kevin <root AT zazu.nol.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Getting FreeTDS up under Solaris
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 22:21:27 +0000

Gregg Jensen wrote:
> As to the datetime conversion, there is something at the dblib layer that
> does the
> datetime conversion, and it appears to work on the Solaris version. I use
> sybperl and
> sqsh-1.4 for my testing. I have found other things that do not work on the
> Solaris
> version that do work on my Linux version. I wonder if it is more of the
> little/big
> endian issues. I would be interested in testing any of your changes as you
> make them.
> I am trying to get a working version on Solaris that is as good(?) as my
> Linux version
> (that is for the few commands that I need to work, I want to make them work
> as well on
> Solaris that it does on Linux).
Hurm....I havn't mucked with the dblib stuff yet...been focusing on
everything in freetds/src/tds so far, but I'll certainly give it a look.
Thanks for the CVS info, but since the boss got the new tds_read_packet
and tds_get_n functions supporting variable packet size ( with moral
support from yours truely of course :) ) everything works like
a charm. He should be posting the diff's to read.c as soon as they're
human readable.

-- Kevin
Kevin M. Lyons Phone: (402)-471-7870 Email: kevin AT nol.org
No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it way too
seriously - Dave Barry