freetds - Re: Getting FreeTDS up under Solaris

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Kevin <root AT zazu.nol.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Getting FreeTDS up under Solaris
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 22:23:24 +0000

Actually, my boss (who thinks pound defines to be the root of
all evil) had me rewrite that section without the pound defines, and
perhaps this is a little cleaner after all...

TDS_SMALLINT tds_get_smallint(TDSSOCKET *tds) {
char buff[2];
u_short ms_kludge;

buff[0] = tds_get_byte(tds);
buff[1] = tds_get_byte(tds);
ms_kludge = *((short*)buff);
return ((TDS_SMALLINT)ms_kludge);
}
However, I think that something is still off in the reads, as I'm
getting a large number of unknown markers and loosing some information
on
the return off the Solaris system still...

-- Kevin
Kevin M. Lyons Phone: (402)-471-7870 Email: kevin AT nol.org
No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it way too
seriously - Dave Barry