freetds - Re: Getting FreeTDS up under Solaris

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Gregg Jensen <greggj AT savvis.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Getting FreeTDS up under Solaris
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 12:25:56 -0600

Kevin wrote:

> I'm currrently using .40 on both Solaris and Linux. If possible, I
> could use a hand with getting the .31 release. In the meantime, my boss
> and I are working on variable packet size support for .40 which should
> fix the problem.

To get the sources from CVS first login (anonymous):

cvs -d :pserver:anon-cvs AT freetds.internetcds.com:/Repository login

Then check out the sources(to get the latest):

cvs -d :pserver:anon-cvs AT freetds.internetcds.com:/Repository checkout freetds

to get release 0.31

cvs -d :pserver:anon-cvs AT freetds.internetcds.com:/Repository checkout -r
R0_31 freetds

You will probably have to make the same changes to configure as before, then
make your
changes to read.c and you should be able to do some basic things.

As to the datetime conversion, there is something at the dblib layer that
does the
datetime conversion, and it appears to work on the Solaris version. I use
sybperl and
sqsh-1.4 for my testing. I have found other things that do not work on the
Solaris
version that do work on my Linux version. I wonder if it is more of the
little/big
endian issues. I would be interested in testing any of your changes as you
make them.
I am trying to get a working version on Solaris that is as good(?) as my
Linux version
(that is for the few commands that I need to work, I want to make them work
as well on
Solaris that it does on Linux).

Gregg