freetds - Server success

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Server success
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 23:03:36 -0500 (EST)

I thought you might all enjoy a little screen shot! (well not really a
screen shot....but you get the idea)

[camber@localhost sqsh-1.6]$ ./sqsh -Uguest -Psybase -Smyserver
sqsh-1.6 Copyright (C) 1995-1997 Scott C. Gray
This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
For more information type '\warranty'
1> select name = db_name()
2> go
name
------------------------------
pubs2

(1 row affected)
1>

This is the sqsh client compiled against the Sybase ctlib (not ours)
hitting a program using freetds acting as a server. The result set is hard
coded...it's not really interpreting the query string (yet), but it could
certainly be used as an openserver replacement in some cases.

I'll be checking this into CVS tonight, so enjoy...my first thought was we
could use it for regression testing when we release.

Brian

  • Server success, Brian Bruns, 11/27/1998