freetds - Re: Source code and tabs.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mihai Ibanescu <misa AT dntis.ro>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Source code and tabs.
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 09:19:47 +0200 (EET)

On Sun, 22 Nov 1998, Craig Spannring wrote:

> At the risk of starting a religious war, I think we need to do
> something about the tabs in the source code.
>
> My preference would be to use spaces, not hard tabs, for indentation,
> but if that isn't agreeable to everyone involved, we at least need to
> define how large a tabstop is.
>
> BTW- My normal editor settings are somewhat anti hard tabstop and I've
> probably inadvertently removed a number of them.

I would suggest GNU indent and the Kernighan & Ritchie style.
IMHO, it's the most readable. Indenting is at 4 spaces. Eventually, one
can put an .indent.pro in each directory of the CVS, and each developer
run indent before checking in.

Best wishes,

Mihai

Mihai Ibanescu Dynamic Network Technologies
http://sysadm.dntis.ro/~misa Moara de Foc 35, et. 7, 6600 Iasi
misa AT dntis.ro tel. +40-32-252936