freetds - Re: PHP seems stable (I think)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Gregg Jensen <greggj AT savvis.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: PHP seems stable (I think)
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 11:22:55 -0600

Brian Bruns wrote:

> to have been fixed. Gregg, I have to comment out a few lines you had put
> in dblib.c, the reference to dblib_setTDS_version() was not to be found
> (I'm not sure what that is exactly, and if it shouldn't really be a call
> to tds_set_version()). Anyway, it's just commented and you can take a look
> at it.

Yes, dblib_setTDS_version calls tds_set_version with the appropriate protocol
version number. I have committed dbutil.c that contained the function. The
only
real issue with this setup is that it uses a dblib global variable set with
the
value of the protocol version. The initial value is set based upon the
-DTDS## flag
in the Makefile (I have just added this code and will be checking it in after
finish this message).

> I'm thinking that we should wrap up a labeled version (0.40 now I guess),
> and try to get some beta testers looking at it. Anyone have experience
> with GNATS or another bug tracking package? It might just be time to get
> rolling on that as well.

I have used GNATS in a previous job, and it seemed to be adequate, not to
mention
the price is right. I don't have any preference.

> Gregg and Craig if neither of you has any objections, I'll try to get to
> the new release this weekend.

If its ok, I would like to get a fresh copy from CVS and take it from scratch
up to
the point of compiling a new sqsh and sybperl and giving them quick test
before the
next release. I will begin today so that we can move forward with your plan
on the
weekend.

Gregg