freetds - Re: interfaces file

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: interfaces file
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 20:47:50 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Craig Spannring wrote:

> The following code is meant to improve the way the interfaces file is
> handled.
>
> The hostname search order is-
>
> 1) A logical server from the file set by the
> set_interfaces_file_loc() function.
> 2) A logical server from the $HOME/.interfaces file.
> 3) A logical server from the $SYBASE/interfaces file.
> 4) The actual server name if no matching logical server was found.
>
> If it uses defaults to an actual name instead of logical name it will
> use port 1433 for TDS4.2 and port 4000 for any other version of TDS.
> The port can be overridden with the DBLIB_PORT environment variable.
>
> Note- The code replaces the existing get_server_info() function.

Looks great, the only thing I was thinking is that if you explicitly set
an interfaces file, then a failure to open that should error back to the
program. i.e. running 'isql -I <file> ...' will error if <file> doesn't
exist.

I'm putting in the next set of patches for PHP in CVS tonight, the thing
will actually return some data now...but subsequently core dumps the child
httpd. PHP's sybase-ct will also compile now, but is not running yet.

We should probably wrap up a new release soon. (Once I find the seg
fault). Probably call it 0.40. What'dya think?

Brian