freetds - Re: freetds-0.21 (fwd)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: freetds-0.21 (fwd)
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 22:43:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Mihai Ibanescu wrote:

> This message didn't make it to the list, since the list manager
> denies messages longer than 50k.
> In the meantime I've released 0.22, because I didn't include
> the interfaces file and I did not see the History file (which now is named
> ChangeLog, in GNU style... sorry)
> freetds 0.22 is available via ftp at
> ftp://sysadm.dntis.ro/pub/devel/freetds/

Hi,

The autoconf looks good, just a couple of minor issues.

1) Versions: I've upped this to version 0.3, there were enough changes to
justify this, especially with gnuification (?) This version also
includes Greggs long query fix. It's it the normal place:

ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/freetds-0.3.tgz

2) AUTHORS file, I put my name in and a couple others...If anyone
submitted code please add/update your info. Hopefully we will have a
CVS tree soon.

3) The lib directory...most programs built against open client expect a
$SYBASE/lib directory. It appears everything is going into
$SYBASE/src/[dir]/.libs ? I could be mistaken on this one.

4) Makefiles for the unit tests seem to have disappeared since they were
moved to the samples directory.

5) BSDI...I get an error making on a BSDI machine in the dblib directory,
the error message follows, (possibly assuming GMake?)

make: don't know how to make /%,. Stop

I haven't been able to test against rs/6k or Digital Unix yet. (I'm in
Sybase P&T class this week), so I don't know how well it'll work
there....I'll let you know when I can.

Everything appears to work otherwise. Thanks again.

Brian