corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Hebrews Page

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Barry Smith" <Barry.Smith AT ABU.NB.CA>
  • To: <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Hebrews Page
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 08:44:30 -0300

I have a web site dedicated to the Letter to the Hebrews.
http://www.abu.nb.ca/Courses/NewTestament/Hebrews/IndexHeb.htm I use it for a
class that I teach on Hebrews at Atlantic Baptist University. You might
consider including it among the web links.

Barry D. Smith

>>> jgibson000 AT comcast.net 5/30/2005 8:34 PM >>>
Here's what I've worked up so far for the Harris Web Links Page for
Hebrews. Corrections and suggestions for additions are most welcome.

Jeffrey

**********
Web Links

Hebrews
The Letter to the Hebrews
http://www.britannica.com/eb/article?tocId=73460

The article on the Epistle to the Hebrews from the online version of
Encyclopedia Britannica.

The Letter to the Hebrews: The Catholic Encyclopedia.
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07181a.htm

This is the online version of the article on Hebrews by Leopold Fonck in
the online Catholic Encyclopedia. Though somewhat dated, the article
still gives a very clear, accessible introduction to Hebrews. It is also
heavily hypertexted, allowing the reader to explore other issues
elsewhere in the encyclopedia.

NT Gateway Epistle to the Hebrews Links
http://www.ntgateway.com/hebrews/

Mark Goodacre's page of links to web sites containing discussions on
"Introductory" matters as well as online articles on the Christology of
Hebrews, the figure of Melchisdek, and other topics.

Hebrews: Introduction, Argument, and Outline
http://www.bible.org/page.asp?page_id=1360

A discussion of the background, occasion, authorship, argument, and
purpose of the Epistle to the Hebrews by Dan Wallace. From the Bible.org
web site.

Hebrews: Introduction
http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/hebrews/intro.htm

The Introduction to the Epistle to the Hebrews in the New American
Bible. From the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops Web Site.

Hebrews
http://www.katapi.org.uk/NTIntro/GenEps2.htm

A H McNeille's discussion of the purpose, contents, readers,
destination, date, author, and genre of the Epistle to the Hebrews. From
his _An Introduction to the Study of the New Testament_, available at
the Katapi.org Web Site.

--

Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
1500 W. Pratt Blvd.