corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] The audience of Romans

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Tim Gallant" <tim AT rabbisaul.com>
  • To: "Corpus-Paul" <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] The audience of Romans
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:08:25 -0600

----- Original Message ----- From: "Justin Dombrowski" <jedombrowski AT msn.com>
To: <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 9:00 AM

I might also add that while Paul calls himself "apostolos tois ethnesin," he clearly does demonstrate an interest in Jewish converts within his letters (esp. the problems they're causing). He may have focused on gentiles (or at least intended to...), but he clearly ministered to both together too.

I emphatically agree. Paul was apostle to the Gentiles - but one main goal in his being such was to integrate Jews and Gentiles together into one body. That being so, anywhere that the Church was comprised of both Jews and Gentiles, we would expect him to address both.

tim

Tim Gallant
Pastor, Conrad Christian Reformed Church

http://www.timgallant.org
tim | gallant site group