corpus-paul - [Corpus-Paul] Titus/Timothy

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Sheila E. McGinn, Ph.D." <smcginn AT jcu.edu>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Corpus-Paul] Titus/Timothy
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 09:07:50 -0500

Richard, I, for one, think you are beating a dead horse.
>From the start I have thought your speculation highly
improbable, at best, for the reasons Edgar recently has
articulated, but did not deem it a serious enough suggestion
to merit a rebuttal. I think you have gone well beyond the
central expertise of this list and, again as Edgar has
suggested, you should float your proposition on the Classics
list to get their response. If you can come back and tell us
that they supported your proposal, that might be of
interest; but I think the probability of that happening
approaches 0. If you are not willing to go to the experts on
this, then I personally (as a list-membe here, not as
moderator) wish you would move on to another topic that is
more directly related to our proper subject. Sheila McGinn
Sheila E. McGinn, Ph.D.
Professor of Biblical Studies
& Early Christianity
Department of Religious Studies