corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Third heaven

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Clive F. Jacks" <cfjacks AT attbi.com>
  • To: <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Third heaven
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 12:49:08 -0000

Mark,

In one of his articles (in 1938, I think) John Knox (with whom I studied at
Union in N.Y.C.) made just such a claim, but by the time he published his
splendid little book, "Chapters In A Life Of Paul," he explicitly rejected
that identification as being just unworkable. To my knowledge, no one else
has attempted such an identification.

Clive F. Jacks, Th.D.
Professor of Religion (Emeritus)
Pikeville College
Pikeville, KY

(but now happily retired "back home" in the metro Atlanta area)