corpus-paul - Re: The Mystery of Romans: the theme of- restoration of Israel

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "moon-ryul jung" <moon AT sogang.ac.kr>
  • To: corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: The Mystery of Romans: the theme of- restoration of Israel
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 17:28:24 -0500

> Moon-Riul Jung wrote
> >The fact of history tells us
> > that Israel was destroyed by the Roman armies and was scattered all
> > over the world since then, rather than being restored.

Dear Hyam,
thank you for your helpful comments. I stand corrected. Thanks.
But do you mean that we cannot say that Israel as a nation was destroyed
at the time of the Jewish War? If Israel as a nation was destroyed at
that time, the "restoration of Israel" which Paul and others expected did
not happen,
if that restoration should be that of a nation, not just of its members.
That is was what I was trying to say.

Moon R. Jung
Associate Professor
Dept of Digital Media