corpus-paul - Re: Gospel to all nations

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Daniel Streett <danstreett AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Gospel to all nations
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 08:24:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

The very fact that we cannot fit the Pastorals into any of our
chronologies seems to me a point in favor of their authenticity.
Surely, a pseudepigrapher would try to incorporate his fabrication into
the well-known chronology of Acts, or at least have it correspond to
the biographical information in the authentic Paulines.

Daniel Streett
Yale Divinity School