corpus-paul - Re: gospel

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Rick S" <rick.strelan AT mailbox.uq.edu.au>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: gospel
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 12:00:20 +1000

> Rick, I need some clarification. Assuming for a minute that the letter to
> the Romans, e.g., was carried to the churches in Rome -- I am comfortable
> with the notion that Phoebe did so -- and then read out loud to them,
would
> that constitute for you the "announcement" of Paul's gospel?

Yes. But were there also earlier and shorter 'gospels' written by Paul? I
guess I'm also asking whether traditions like those of 1 Cor 15 were only
oral and not written. Is there any reason why they could not have been
written?

I have no theory about this and so no desire to defend any. It was just a
thought that came to me when reading Jerome!

Rick Strelan