corpus-paul - gospel

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Rick S" <rick.strelan AT mailbox.uq.edu.au>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: gospel
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 08:26:46 +1000

Jerome, for one, thought that when Paul spoke of 'his gospel' he was referring to the Gospel of Luke. What made him think Paul was referring to a written gospel?

Is it possible that Paul himself wrote 'a gospel'? If an EUAGGELION of any type [marriage announcement, holy-day declaration etc] was initially a written text, and then of course the contents of that text, is it at all possible that Paul wrote a gospel - not necessarily, in the later Gospel sense, a 'life' of Jesus, but even something like 1 Cor 15:3-8??

I tried this out on the Synoptic List without any response. Maybe that's what it deserves! It's just a thought, and one which I'm happy to dismiss.

Rick Strelan
Studies in Religion
University of Queensland