corpus-paul - Death for others language in the Inscriptions & papyri

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT mailhost.chi.ameritech.net>
  • To: Corpus Paulinum <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Death for others language in the Inscriptions & papyri
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 12:30:16 -0600

To help me in my attempts to lay out the background of Paul's "dying
formula", I have a favour to ask:

Is there any List member who has access to the CD with the
epigraphic/inscriptional data (the name of the disk escapes me at the
moment) and who would be willing to run a search for me for instances
of the "X died/gave himself for Y" formula and its variants?

If so, please contact me OFF LIST at my e-mail address below.

Thanks in advance for any help with this search.

Yours,

Jeffrey

--
Jeffrey B. Gibson
7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A

  • Death for others language in the Inscriptions & papyri, Jeffrey B. Gibson, 02/19/2000