corpus-paul - Re: Roman churches

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Jim Hester" <hester AT jasper.uor.edu>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Roman churches
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 13:30:49 -0800

Jim West wrote:

> how do you explain the confused textual state of the last chapter?

I confess not to have looked at that hard but if memory serves me Harry
Gamble sorted things out on that one in his dissertation.

Anyway, my tongue-in-cheek explanation is that it was in part a list of
greetings given to Phoebe that got edited into the closing greetings
subsequently.
Jim Hester "Never be afraid to try something new.
736 Buckingham Drive Remember, amateurs built the ark.
Redlands, CA 92374 Professionals built the Titanic."
(909) 792-0533
hester AT uor.edu http://rhetjournal.uor.edu