corpus-paul - Re: The Roman Congregation

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Jon Peter" <jnp AT home.com>
  • To: "Corpus Paulinum" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: The Roman Congregation
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 21:43:19 -0700

David C. Hindley wrote:

> Would you be so kind as to provide a reference?
>
> I searched the Perseus site for some sort of clue, but it returned only
the
> following:

Happy to oblige. A Pliny compendium is online. See links below. Book 10
letter 96 has Pliny's letter to Trajan detailing methods in use for
mistreating Christians --

http://vroma.rhodes.edu/~hwalker/Pliny/Pliny10-096-E.html

Letter 97 gives Trajan's approving reply, "Yes, Christians must be punished
unless they denounce Christ." [et Christo maledixerunt, letter 96]

http://vroma.rhodes.edu/~hwalker/Pliny/Pliny10-097-E.html

Best regards,

Jon