corpus-paul - Re: Maimonides' static God (off topic?)

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Mike Myers <mmyers AT helium.biomol.uci.edu>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Maimonides' static God (off topic?)
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 13:35:52 -0800

This issue came up in the context of the Galatians 2:17 thread. The
question couldn't be more central to an understanding of Paul's
thought: Is God's revelation static? Is He static? Is the Law, or
parts of it anyway, something destined to come to a conclusion in
history, as Paul and the author of Hebrews claim? Or is it eternal,
timeless, unchanging?

How is this irrelevant?

Mike