compostteas - [Compostteas] SFI New York Lab shipping question

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: Soilfoodweb AT aol.com
  • To: compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: tgleisch AT telusplanet.net
  • Subject: [Compostteas] SFI New York Lab shipping question
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 20:38:23 EDT

Hi Compost tea folks -

Laura asked if you can send overseas samples to SFI NY.

I believe soil samples from CANADA are allowed in - but only soil.  No restrictions on soil as long as you are not from Vancouver Island.  Some disease on the island....

But you might want to call customs first and make sure.  The SFI NY lab does not have a USDA Soil Permit, although they will be getting one in the future.  They first have to develop a sample flow adequate to justify the expense.

You can send samples to SFI - Corvallis.  We have a soil permit.  We just had our annual inspection for our soil permit.  We received positive comments about how professionally the lab is run.  That's really thanks to Charles Redon and the staff at SFI.  They maintain the quality control and monitoring required to keep everything functioning!

However, a SFI - Canada lab is in the planning stage.  Please contact Ted Leischner (tgleisch AT telusplanet.net) about when and where and how.  He's trained at SFI Corvallis and is trying to put together the funding to get going.  So, help Ted by letting him know you would send samples if he can get the lab set-up.  I like locally owned, operated, and keeping your money in your area.

Elaine Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.

  • [Compostteas] SFI New York Lab shipping question, Soilfoodweb, 05/30/2002