cc-sampling - Re: [cc-sampling] Just to add more to the mix...

cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of the Creative Commons Sampling license (or license option)

  • From: mark / negativland <markhosler AT charter.net>
  • To: dcrkid AT optonline.net, cc-sampling ML <cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [cc-sampling] Just to add more to the mix...
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 00:09:00 -0400

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 23:25:15 -0400
dcrkid AT optonline.net wrote:
Was awake all night playing games and thought of this:

A version of the sampling license should also apply to videogame modifications and 'romhacking' (l33tspeak for modifying old console games) in that specific genre, since most mods/hacks are either translations or remixes (ranging from hardness settings to making a new game entirly).

If the legal beagles agreed this category fit into teh CC sampling license, I wonder if there is a way this could be worded to add to what we already have?

mark

Altough it may not seem important now, if people were to attempt to (CC) their own videogame this would probably become a hot topic, because right now the (CC) project seems to be focused on (CC)'d music, movies, pictures, and text. However as we move on to providing the ability to (CC) other art forms (dont know if you consider videogames to be a form of art or not, but that's your call) we should have thought ahead when we were busy tagging mp3s.

Just a thought to stir the cauldron of ideas.

Now to get to bed!

<TEXTAREA NAME="Signature" ROWS="4" COLS="60">