cc-sampling - Re: [cc-sampling] Nation of Copiers, or, what to name the license?

cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of the Creative Commons Sampling license (or license option)

  • From: Don Joyce <dj AT webbnet.com>
  • To: creative commons license list <cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-sampling] Nation of Copiers, or, what to name the license?
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 17:02:18 -0700

This is too obtuse for America.
You want a universal flash of recognition that the name evokes. The term, Cut and Paste is that now, thanks to computers. No one is really going to decide what this license is until they read it's provisions are they? But they'll know where to look, based on what they want to do.
Also, it's cute.
DJ