cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Thanks!

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Matt McGregor <Matt.McGregor AT royalsociety.org.nz>
  • To: 'Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion' <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Thanks!
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 23:29:59 +0000

Hi all,

Before I officially knock off for 2012, I’d like to thank everyone for being patient and supportive over the last six months, which have obviously been a time for transition for CCANZ. 2012 has been an eventful but successful year for CC in Aotearoa New Zealand, and 2013 looks like it will be more successful still.

What will we be doing? CCANZ will be running Mix & Mash, partnering with the GLAM sector, pushing OER policies in NZ educational institutions, helping support the rollout of NZGOAL and working with like-minded organisations across the country. We’ll be releasing new resources, holding more CC meetups and giving many more CC workshops and presentations. I’ll also be publishing a case study per week, with the aim of releasing a CCANZ book in the second half of 2013. The latest of these is on NZTA, published here: http://www.creativecommons.org.nz/2012/12/new-zealand-transport-agency/

There’s plenty more happening, so watch out for more announcements in 2013!

While I keep the wheels turning here at CCANZ HQ, the real work is done by the hundreds (soon to be thousands, I’m sure) of CC supporters pushing CC independently or in schools, universities, government agencies and other organisations across the country. Thanks to all of you for helping grow the commons here in Aotearoa New Zealand!

I’d especially like to thank Jane Hornibrook, who was exceptionally helpful during the mid-year transition, and continues to be a source of inspiration and advice. I’d also like to thank all the folks on CCANZ volunteer advisory panel, as well as everyone on this list, for dedicating their time and advice (and occasional criticism...!)

Because I can’t help myself, I’ll be online now and again, answering emails and whatnot, though comms from this end will be light. We’ll be picking up early 2013 with our two interns, Holly and Harriet, who will be formally introduced in the new year. If you want to help pay their wages—and get some cool rewards—check out our Pledgeme campaign. I’ve added some new rewards, including a poster, postcard and DVD of CC films. We’re getting close!

www.pledgeme.co.nz/651

All the best for the break,

Matt

Matt McGregor Creative Commons
DDI: +64 4 470 5779 | Twitter @cc_aotearoa
Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand is a project of the Royal Society of New Zealand
11 Turnbull Street, Thorndon | PO Box 598, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
www.creativecommons.org.nz

Royal Society of New Zealand | Te Apārangi
A place for knowledge and excellence

Please consider the environment before printing this email. The information contained in this email message is intended only for the addressee and may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately.