cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] Purpose of this list

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Matt McGregor <Matt.McGregor AT royalsociety.org.nz>
  • To: 'Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion' <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] Purpose of this list
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 01:19:22 +0000

Hi all,

Thanks for bringing this up, Danyl.

While I do use this as a platform for news announcements, I always saw the
real point of the list to be your second two questions, namely "Are we here
so the Public Lead can consult us about what the Host Organisation intends to
do with CC ANZ as a project? Are we here to share resources, news,
announcements, links, and opinions?"

This won't be for everyone, of course, though it's the best platform I can
think of for (critical and other) feedback about the project. Going from the
archives, the list has been especially busy over the last few months. I quite
like a busy, active list.

Our other email list (sign up at www.creativecommons.org.nz) has been slowly
growing, to the point where I'm going to start sending out fortnightly -
monthly updates in 2013. These will essentially condense some of the updates
I give to this list, except that they will be framed as a one-way comms
announcement, and will be less chatty than my contributions here. Here's an
example of what it looks like (& please excuse that mortifyingly
half-finished sentence):
http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=38edd8da4fa16c2aa3a526c97&id=b58fb38020&e=ecdc020adb)

If we need to limit the focus of the list, I can hold back my one-way
announcements for the mailchimp list, and chip in here only when it's worthy
of discussion or feedback.

Thoughts?
Matt
--