cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Revised ShareAlike Statement of Intent: comments open until 21 February

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Revised ShareAlike Statement of Intent: comments open until 21 February
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 17:51:11 -0500

On Thursday 13 February 2014 15:00:38 Kat Walsh wrote:
> There hasn't been much feedback or interest expressed on this--none
> public, and only a small amount from those we've spoken to outside the
> lists. We're hesitant to make a public commitment to our license
> community, particularly on points where there may be dispute or where
> clarification is needed, if there isn't interest and participation. We
> did receive some internal input that it would perhaps be better
> reworked as something not specific to the ShareAlike licenses and
> compatibility, but rather to our versioning process in general, and we
> are considering that as a better option.

Honestly, after "fighting" for a "stonger" copyleft for things like photos to
be more in line with music used in video, I feel a bit low with the whole CC
ShareAlike effort. I have not being paying the usual attention to these
things since finding out the direction taken.

See the thread in [cc-community] Share alike and derivative works with CG
models. I am not ok with people using my BY-SAworks in their copyrighted
works which the "lock me out of."

I had mentioned using BY-NC-SA with a commercial exemption to combat this but
if CC did not make an effort to correct what I see as a rather large problem.
Honestly though, I have not even had the motivation to even think very hard
about that option.