cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Revised ShareAlike Statement of Intent: comments open until 21 February

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Kat Walsh <kat AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Revised ShareAlike Statement of Intent: comments open until 21 February
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 12:00:38 -0800

There hasn't been much feedback or interest expressed on this--none
public, and only a small amount from those we've spoken to outside the
lists. We're hesitant to make a public commitment to our license
community, particularly on points where there may be dispute or where
clarification is needed, if there isn't interest and participation. We
did receive some internal input that it would perhaps be better
reworked as something not specific to the ShareAlike licenses and
compatibility, but rather to our versioning process in general, and we
are considering that as a better option.

If this statement isn't accomplishing its intended goals in its
current form, or at least not as a part of working toward license
compatibility with licenses outside the CC suite, we think the best
option is to put this aside to be reworked in the future as something
more general. However, this decision is not yet final, and we welcome
feedback on both the statement itself and CC's course of action.

-Kat