cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] New licensing buttons

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Erik Moeller" <erik AT wikimedia.org>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] New licensing buttons
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 08:02:55 +0200

On 4/2/07, Lucas Gonze <lucas.gonze AT gmail.com> wrote:
The "Availability of source data" plank strikes me as a problem,
because it is burdensome. Authors should be able to make a processed
version free without being required to include their sources.

It doesn't need to be _included_ -- it should only be available
_somehow_, and under a free license, so that the requirement is
satisfied. We should probably clarify that this is not needed if the
source data can be trivially obtained through reverse application of
the processing, though that is already what we mean to imply.
--
Peace & Love,
Erik

"An old, rigid civilization is reluctantly dying. Something new, open,
free and exciting is waking up." -- Ming the Mechanic