cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Regarding SA and "strong copyleft" question

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Regarding SA and "strong copyleft" question
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 21:01:15 -0500

On Monday 26 February 2007 08:43 pm, Erik Moeller wrote:
> On 2/27/07, Terry Hancock <hancock AT anansispaceworks.com> wrote:
> > The license must not place restrictions on other software that is
> > distributed along with the licensed software. For example, the license
> > must not insist that all other programs distributed on the same medium
> > must be free software.
>
> Nobody is talking about mere distribution.

To be fair to Terry, I got close to (perhaps even hit) that here:

"Well, to use a sledge hammer where a jeweler's hammer might do, you could
just not permit even copying in cases of aggregation where any of the works
in the aggregation or collection or combined work are under an accepted
non-Free license."

It was not an actual suggestion as to something we should do however.

(da idea man)