cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] Regarding SA and "strong copyleft" question

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Terry Hancock <hancock AT anansispaceworks.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] Regarding SA and "strong copyleft" question
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 19:47:49 -0600

Trying to get a By-SA license on photographs to apply to text that is
merely associated with the pictures is a very bad idea for many
different reasons.

However, I thought I would just point out this one -- it is yet another
way to antagonize Debian:

DFSG #9:
"""
License Must Not Contaminate Other Software

The license must not place restrictions on other software that is
distributed along with the licensed software. For example, the license
must not insist that all other programs distributed on the same medium
must be free software.

"""

Cheers,
Terry