cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] CC:BY ... lost in translation?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] CC:BY ... lost in translation?
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:01:10 +0000

Terry wrote:

FWIW, this already seems too detailed for the deed, to me.

It makes the Deed much clearer.

"1. The act of attributing or ascribing, as a quality, character, or
function, to a thing or person, an effect to a cause." (GCIDE)
which, by itself, rules out such bizarre requirements, IMHO.

You might think that that is bizarre, but I've seen attribution requirements that would make Evan's "edge case" appear to be very reasonable.

AFAICT, "in the manner specified" is going to be limited by common sense

"Common Sense" is a hypothetical construct.

xan

jonathon