cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] sampling + 1.0 and remix competition, with prize for winner

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Nova Christopher <n23ova AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] sampling + 1.0 and remix competition, with prize for winner
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 23:10:06 -0700 (PDT)

The hardware concept is a nice one... although, as a
musician who now uses computer interfaces for most all
of my production, I've found the choice of hardware to
be a very personal one among other musicians. Maybe
that's because there are way more options with
hardware (with software, I can think of maybe 6
programs people use regularly when asked - on the Win
and Mac platforms. And by that I mean master programs
such as software sequencers which host the other
software instruments/plugins and samples).

But remember, the audience of musicians I'm speaking
of are rarely developers and depend on the support and
development of others... and generally stick to
Windows or Mac systems.

Maybe I offer 4 or 5 hardware options instead of 2 or
3 software options, as prizes.

Terry, you seem to feel as though I'm not really
"violating" the terms of the sampling +1.0 with this
competition, is that right?

--- Terry Hancock <hancock AT anansispaceworks.com>