cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] sampling + 1.0 and remix competition, with prize for winner

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] sampling + 1.0 and remix competition, with prize for winner
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 16:02:35 -0400

On Wednesday 05 July 2006 12:22 pm, Nova Christopher wrote:
> Electronic musicians will have software to produce
> with, yes... in rare cases, some still only use
> hardware synths and sequencers. This is all a bit off
> the original topic, but, to clarify... not every
> electronic musician has every software program out
> there. I think the idea would be to offer different
> prizes for the winner to choose from.
>
> Any thoughts on the "prize" as it relates to "monetary
> compensation?"

Here is my thought on the issue...

If you are promoting the commons it would be good to also promote Free
software. So, I do not think giving non-Free software is a good idea.

To my mind, Free Software, Free Content, and Free formats can and should
complement each other. I think that unless we make a point to do this
wherever and whenever we can, we are shooting ourselves in the foot.

> --- Ben McLean <mclean.ben AT gmail.com> wrote:
> > re: [cc-licenses] sampling + 1.0 and remix
> > competition, with prize for winner
> > The latest version of FruityLoops is $99. But, if
> > they submit remixes,
> > doesn't that imply that they already HAVE music
> > software?

(da idea man)
--
http://www.ourmedia.org/node/145261
Record a song and you might win $1,000.00