cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] CC "non-commercial" content in a commercial website

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Shanan <octif AT yahoo.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] CC "non-commercial" content in a commercial website
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 13:27:12 +1200 (NZST)

Apologies if this has already been asked, I did have a
big trawl through the list (and FAQ) and couldn't find
an answer.

I'm putting together a website which will offer both
free access and pay access features. I'd like to make
the same CC content (including "non-commercial")
available to all users of the site, regardless of
whether they're signed in or accessing publicly.

Users will also be able to submit new CC licensed
content. As the content isn't the main feature of the
website the same content will be available in both pay
and free modes.

So - I know I can do this with the "by", "by-sa", and
"by-nd" licenses. Can I do this with the "nc" licenses
or would I have to make "nc" content unavailable to
paying users of the site?

cheers,
Shanan