cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] ShareAlike and version compatibility

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: rob AT robmyers.org
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] ShareAlike and version compatibility
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:29:26 +0100

Quoting drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>:

On Thursday 13 April 2006 03:29 am, Karl Ebener wrote:
Hi,

i fully support this interpretation. In the preambular, it says:
THE WORK (AS DEFINED BELOW) IS PROVIDED UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS CREATIVE
COMMONS PUBLIC LICENSE ("CCPL" OR "LICENSE").

This means, that there is a contract being conducted.

Are you speaking for Creative Commons here? If not, could a CC rep please give
CC's take on this? I know that the GPL people do not believe that the GPL is
a contract, but merely a license.icenses

Please bear in mind that even if a CC license is considered a contract in
Germany (I don't know whether it would be or not) European and American law may
differ on this point.

(IANAL, IANCC).

- Rob.