cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Advertising issues

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Advertising issues
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 09:10:08 -0500

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 08:07 am, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller wrote:
> I think that the non-commercial option is the biggest mistake CC ever
> made, it is just to wide reaching and greyzone. Free and Open Source
> software never did this differentiation and I think its was the smartest
> decision ever.

I think I agree with you big time, the only problem is that ND is also quite
whacked. What is the exact point of a commons that you can't build upon.

In any case, for some reason I still don't mind ND as much as I mind NC and
it
is precisely because it is so unclear as to be unusable.

Like you, I have no hope that NC will be dropped at this point and I also
think it is holding back the growth of the better options.

I am already streaming BY-SA and BY music on bysa Radio:

http://yp.peercast.org/?find=bysa&Submit=Search

I am using rivendell as the station automation software, feeding icecast via
jack which then feeds peercast.

I hope to promote BY-SA music. I am also working with local musicians to make
more BY-SA music for the world to enjoy, use, and profit from.

http://www.ourmedia.org/user/17145
http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22drew%20Roberts%22